Over the years, marketing methods and platforms come and go…but when it comes to selling products and services, nothing is still quite as powerful as email. And for good reasons…
Email Marketing Rules: 17 to Ensure Your Dominance:
1. Demographic Data Collection. You can easily find out very relevant operational information regarding open rates, click-throughs, sales conversions and any micro-demographic data of your subscribers. When you can measure your marketing, you can easily improve and scale it. Email marketing is the engine that drives that car.
2. Biggest ROI in the Game. Email marketing had an average return of $43.52 for each dollar spent [Direct Marketer’s Association] However, the ROI you get will most likely be much higher since you’re most likely a solo entrepreneur with a smaller budget.
3. Retarget Vistors into Customers. When someone visits your website for the first time and picks up a tracking pixel, we know that the chances of them coming back are almost ZERO. NIL. NADA. By asking them to leave their email address, email marketing gives you the chance to ask them to come back over and over again.
4. Relationships with Customers & Prospects. Email is an opportunity for your business to build your brand and gain the trust of your subscribers. Do your email marketing right and your subscribers will feel like they know you and can count on you for sound advice and great products.
5. Personal & Highly Customizable. Email marketing can also be very personal if done correctly and are easily personalized with names and other information subscribers voluntarily provide like their geographic location, interests, financial status, interests, goals and more.
6. Highly-Targeted Selling Opportunities. It’s easy to create multiple lists and fine-tune your segmentation and targeting. You can segment customers based on the types of products they’re interested and subscribers based on the information that attracts them most. Where else do you have so much control?
7. Email is BIG. Yeah, a lot of people have Facebook accounts, but email still wins. You could email your best friends, parents, and sister, but you most likely can’t Facebook (verb) all of them. Same goes with a lot of people on your mailing lists.
8. Direct Communication. Unlike other marketing methods, email reaches your subscribers directly and is addressed to them specifically, unlike the general broadcasting we do on social media and in other mediums.
9. Commercial. People expect commercial messages via email, making it much easier to sell via email than through web content or social media, for example. In fact, according to Marketing Land, 77% of us prefer to get a commercial message through email.
10. Immediate Conversions & Sales. Email gets out there instantly and can start working for your business within minutes because it hits those inboxes quickly and people check email frequently.
11. Easy/Quick to Create. Creating an entire email campaign can be fast, especially compared to other ad methods. No need to spend days creating an advertisement. Just write and go.
12. Mobile Usage is Huge. While everyone is shouting that mobile apps and sites are where the money is at, never forget that email is one of those handy things available and readily used through mobile technology. According to a recent Mobile Movement study sponsored by Google, 82% of smartphone users check and send email on their mobile device.
13. Consumer Attention. Social media is a great place to tap into large audiences, but whenever you post, you are competing with a bunch of unrelated noise and it’s not always easy to get attention. The same may go for an email inbox, but once your email is opened, the focus is on you.
14. Drive Customers & Prospects to Other Channels. If you’re engaging in blogging, social media or other efforts, your email list is an easy source of traffic. If you’ve just posted a great blog post or a jaw-dropping image on Pinterest, all you have to do is email your list and you’ve got people seeing it.
15. Customers. Once someone buys something, you need a way to reach them so you can grow your relationship and sell more products to them. Email makes it easy to do this because you can segment your customers from the rest of your database.
16. Preferential Treatment. If you want to give special perks to your customers or certain subscribers, it’s easy to do with email. Give them advanced notice of new products, give them special discount offers and more.
17. Hey… It’s Cheap. There’s no doubt about it, sending email is inexpensive. You might pay for a 3rd party service to deliver your email and you may even hire a writer to create your emails for you, but overall, the costs involved with email are pretty small. And when you consider #2 on this list, any costs really pay for themselves. Or they should if you’re doing it right.
Owing a producing, well segmented and scrubbed email list is the closest thing to money in the bank as you can get. Your single most important asset as a Digital Entrepreneur is your Email list. Treat it with respect and nothing but good things will happen.
An email list is an incredible asset you wholly own and that is why email marketing works. It’s something Facebook or Twitter can’t yank it away from you in an instant and you can keep using it months and years down the road. So grow it, nurture it and get results from it.
For more info like this, please visit MakeMaxMoney.com